Monday, August 3, 2009

Blood donation 2009

OK this one was really long ago and i could have posted it earlier but i lost my patience on waiting for the pictures to come.

On the 3.8.09 I, Cheryl Teh Ya Zhen for the very first time faced fear and attempted to DONATE BLOOD!

OK that was dramatic so yeah i decided to be a good citizen (Malaysia boleh! :P) and donated blood for the first time. Can't be a second or so since i only hit 17 this year XD

our school had the blood donation drive in the hall and when it was time for our class to go there was only me and Lin Hui. It was embarrassing for the guys cause majority was girls and most who passed out or went weak after donating blood was the guys too! Yea girls rule! XD

It was a long process from one to another. First there was a long form to be filled, followed by a 'date' with the doctor where they ask all sorts of question regarding my health and checked my weight (oops i gained, SHIT!) Then it was on to the blood test time~! The stupid needle thingy that they punctured into my finger was like WOWOWOW! i jumped from the sting and my arm actually felt kinda numb but after taking my blood and giving me a cotton to cover it felt better.

While sitting on the scry dentist-like chair i felt bored so i end up shouting/chatting with yen peng who was sitting on the opposite side of the hall. XD The needle was freaking huge as i saw them poke it into my skin and i actually find it fun to see my blood flow down to the bag. (yes i know i'm weird)

When i was finally able to move out of the chair they rushed us to take a cup of milo and some bread. I forgot the rules after getting up and ran over to my other friends and before i knew it i was pulled by a doctor and forced to sit down. I totally forgot that i must not run or do any excercise after donating because it might make me faint but i didn't feel any dizzyness or tiredness XD

After awhile later we went up back for class and really for the whole day i didn't feel a tad bit of tired. Looks like i got too much blood and should have given more XD

No comments:

Post a Comment