Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Chinese 'Miao' Year?

haha you guys must be wondering y i put miao year up there. Well my Chinese New Year was celebrated in Sarawak, Kuching!

Well it was a early morning flight on Sunday( the day after Ryans Birthday) on Airasia, got there in one piece and headed straight to my grandmother's house. It really broke my heart to see how old my grandmother is and how bad her memory and eyesight has gone. She kept mistaking me as my mother and kept talking to me in Hakka which i don't really understand.

After that we moved on to Summerset Service Appartment. My mom got us a really nice place with separate rooms which means no more sleeping on the couch for me for this trip.
here's my bro

Parents room
the kitchen
The dining table. Ignore the papers on the table and my red jacket XD


it was a whole day of rest and dinner at my cousins house. Had sarawak laksa and man my aunty cooked hers WAYYY HOTTER then my mothers style. I was asking for water none stop but was served with wine instead. weird.

Here's my cousin, Janice. Cute right?My cousins and bro

Next morning we went straight to my grandmother's house to see the lion dance. All my relatives gathered at the big house as more friends and neighbours join in. It really suprises me the differences between KL and Kuching. In Kuching eveyone seems to know each other and always invite one another to their open house with no hesitation.

When the lion dance arrived my father kept asking why are the people all Iban and Malays and not Chinese. It was kinda weird seeing them perform lion dance with sports shoes on. My cousins all decided to be mischievous and pulled a bit of fur of the 2 lions as it is also known for good luck.

here's my family with my grandmother. I pity the 2 lions behind as they had to stay at the same position for every family there and my mother's side is no small amount of siblings.My brother with the big fish behind that was caught by my uncle not long ago. really bighere's the deco of the place i was staying at

this is my cousins and my mother together. Pretty ain't it?

For the last few days it was house after house non stop. My mother was so sure to meet everyone of her old schoolmates and there was a lot indeed. Me and my brother were almost bored to death but look at the bright side, we got our ang pau at the end of the day! :)


On the last day we played firecrackers and had a blast at my uncles house. the whole area was practically full of smoke but we didn't care. One good thing in Kuching is that almost every house will put on fireworks. yes i mean fireworks and they blast them everyday! You could just look outside and they'll be some blasting up in the air every few minutes. I wondered if the police ever catch them but my mother say they gave up catching people putting fireworks cuz there's just too many of them. XD

It was a night flight back and ya we landed safely which was lucky cuz the weather was really rough and the thunderstorm was big. I couldn't even leave my drink on the table without it spilling onto my pants. When i got back i found my worst fear came true..... I gain more weight during the trip. T^T

3 comments:

  1. Do you know me and remember me???? (^^)v
    hai hai!!!! I'm Fancis/Aki desu ~
    hehe ~ I'm glad to enjoy your blog n.n
    you also like blog can put any music ne.

    wow ~ sounds fun & nice!!!!
    xDDD hohto ne!!!! You have a little look like your mom! but not all ne ~
    the hotel look nice *0*

    llll=口= awwwww.....
    you gain more weight during the trip.....
    ME ALSO TT-TT

    I'll take the time enjoy your blog xDDD
    please Upload ne.
    ^^ have the time can go to visit my JP blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ok ok la.. not too bad.. the trip was kinda tiring but was fun to see my cousins again... XD

    haha alot always say i look like my mom.. XD ya i like the hotel alot also.. miss it more then my home... :P

    now trying to lose off the fats also now... hehe T^T

    ReplyDelete
  3. *.* hope can stay the hotel one week.....
    yap, I can feel you are very enjoy the trip xD

    >A< oh....many the people dont see your family very long...so them think you look like your mom. but that's good!! TT-TT....me 80% look like my dad....*HATE* I hate my skin color ~

    ReplyDelete